The role of the Board is to be forward-thinking so as to safeguard the long-term viability of UWC Thailand International School through strategic, financial, legal and reputational oversight and management. The Board also has responsibility for employing and managing the Head of School; all other staffing decisions are made by the Head of School.
As of August 1, 2020 the new Board is Transition one, tasked with helping to oversee the school’s strategy and financial sustainability, while a Full Board is being recruited for later this school year through a full nominations process.
This Transition Board has a depth of diversity, talent and networks and includes:
● Kanok Chupak – Thai Director and School License Holder
● Gary Nevin – Transition Board Chair, marketing expert and parent
● Nicola Upham – Deputy Co-Chair, business/NGO development expert and parent
● Ben Gilmartin – Deputy Co-Chair, finance expert and parent
● Yulia Volodina – Board Treasurer, business expert and parent
● Andrea Edwards – Communication expert and parent
● Boon Yongsakul – Property development expert and parent
● Jessica Beloded – Board Secretary and teacher representative
Additionally, the following standing Board Committees have been created to complement and assist the work of the School which include: Community Engagement, Finance and Governance.
The Board also includes several ex officio, non-voting members including
- Jason McBride | Head of School
- Calvin Quek – Advisor
- and a student member