Step 1: Gathering the Necessary Information
- Original scanned copies of each prospective student’s last two school reports (translated into English);
- a recent passport photo;
- an original scanned copy of each prospective student’s birth certificate (translated into English), or a copy of their passport;
- medical information form (information ready to input into our online application);
- recent Standardised Test Scores (if available);
- a confidential recommendation submitted through OpenApply, our online application software; and
- any additional documents including learning support reports and testing results, therapy reports, psychological or psycho-educational testing results and reports, behaviour modification plans, etc.
Please review the Global Class Name Comparison for your class placement reference.
Step 2: Applying Online
Our admissions process from Nursery to Grade 10 is begun by completely the online process outlined in Open Apply.
Diploma Programme students applying for Grade 11 as direct entry applicants (full fee-paying), must apply via the UWC Global Selection Process.
Step 3: Review and Assessment
Prospective students going into Primary School may participate in an assessment with a member of the admissions committee and/or a classroom visit. This decision is based on the documentation and previous school records provided during the application process. An on-campus assessment is always preferable if possible.
Please note that the Admissions Office must receive a completed application form, including the required documents and application fee before an assessment or classroom visit can begin.
Step 4: Enrollment
Once a place in the school has been offered, the family will need to confirm their place within two weeks, at which time certain fees are required. This is important for visa acquisitions, and the Admissions Team will walk each family through this.
Grade 11 Direct Entry
Students applying for Grade 11, have multiple routes to apply. Please contact our admissions or see the options linked:
Choosing your application route to study the IBDP at UWC for 2021-2023:
|Day student residing in Phuket||UWC Global Selection Programme||National Committee selections|
|Is entry guaranteed?||No||No||No|
|When are places offered to successful applicants?|
Rolling Admissions: Students can apply throughout the year
Early decision: no later than 10 Dec for those applying by 20 Nov 2020.
Regular decision: between February and May 2021 depending on available places
|January - April 2021, depending on the National Committee|
|Are the number of places available limited?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Are scholarships available?||No||No||Yes, on the basis of demonstrated need|
|Am I able to apply for a specific UWC school or college?||IBDP students who reside in Phuket or will reside in Phuket soon may apply directly to UWC Thailand as day students||Yes, you can.|
There are three options available:
1) Application to a specific school
2) Application to up to 3 schools and 3) Application to all schools
(note fee levels)
(applicants may, however, list their preferences)
|Can I apply in a language other than English?||No||No||In most cases, yes (contact the UWC national committee of your country of origin or residence for information on the application process)|
|How can I apply?||Our admissions process is done online through |
|Register on the application platform here||Contact the UWC national committee of your country of origin or residence for information on application procedures|
More information can be found on the UWC IBDP Page.