Celebrating Thai culture and embracing our diversity, UWCT aims to ensure that students not only get a world-class international education, but also an experience that is deliberately enriched by our stunning home in the ‘Land of Smiles’. Aligned with our commitment to a “Good Heart, Balanced Mind, Healthy Body”, we embed Social Emotional Learning and Mindfulness—under the guidance of the school’s Mindfulness Mentor—across the all grade levels. We encourage all families that share our values to come and visit us in Phuket, in order to meet our community and experience our learning environment first-hand.
We look forward to meeting you soon.
We welcome applications from students around the world throughout the school year. We encourage those interested in applying to UWC Thailand International School to visit our school first when possible. UWCT is an inclusive school, and our admissions goal is to build a diverse community or learners. To do this, acceptance is based on aptitude, language, behaviour, academic record, and our ability to help each student maximise their potential within the context of existing class dynamics. We review each applicant on a case-by-case basis to determine enrolment
Step 1: Gathering the Necessary Information
- Original scanned copies of each prospective student’s last two school reports (translated into English);
- a recent passport photo;
- an original scanned copy of each prospective student’s birth certificate (translated into English), or a copy of their passport;
- medical information form (information ready to input into our online application);
- recent Standardised Test Scores (if available);
- a confidential recommendation submitted through OpenApply, our online application software; and
- any additional documents including learning support reports and testing results, therapy reports, psychological or psycho-educational testing results and reports, behaviour modification plans, etc.
Please review the Global Class Name Comparison for your class placement reference.
Step 2: Applying Online
Our admissions process from Nursery to Grade 10 is begun by completely the online process outlined in Open Apply.
Diploma Programme students applying for Grade 11 as direct entry applicants (full fee-paying), must apply via the UWC Global Selection Process.
Step 3: Review and Assessment
Prospective students going into Primary School may participate in an assessment with a member of the admissions committee and/or a classroom visit. This decision is based on the documentation and previous school records provided during the application process. An on-campus assessment is always preferable if possible.
Please note that the Admissions Office must receive a completed application form, including the required documents and application fee before an assessment or classroom visit can begin.
Step 4: Enrollment
Once a place in the school has been offered, the family will need to confirm their place within two weeks, at which time certain fees are required. This is important for visa acquisitions, and the Admissions Team will walk each family through this.